Open Area > General Discussion

Jor's bread thread

<< < (17/17)

Joric:
Baking time! 30mins... 5mins less than usual. A colleague complained about the dark crust. Will see, how people like this version.

I more or less followed this article --> https://tartinebakery.com/stories/country-bread

Mambopoa:
Have to say, it looks a good colour.
I assume it tasted good too, looks like it should.

I have done chapati style breads, worked well at a party.
Saved buying some rubber flat breads from the shop.

Pitta etc only done in pizza oven, not tried in the grill.

;D

Joric:
Good morning!
Taste was ok. You know- there is always room for improvement ;)

I want better oven spring and a more uniform looking, small-to-medium open crumb. I'll do some experiments with different proofing times and I also used 2 different sourdough starters. I made one with spelt flour and it looks and behaves differently compared to the wheat starter.

I also made 2 new starters - one with rye and one with rice flour. My rye starter looked strange and even though I couldn't confirm mold infection I discarded everything. That was a very sad moment :(

The rye starter is for gluten free bread - I want to bake something for my wife.

Have a nice day!

Mambopoa:
To return the post. ;)

I made some sough dough the other week.
As I keep starter in fridge, I took some and through the week fed it and allowed it to become more active.

Hmm, image not working for some reason. oh well, added as attachment.

Joric:
Hey, that looks very good. Crust is a bit on the heavy side for "white" (wheat) bread I think, though. Crumb looks great. And a sourdough bread is definitely something else than a yeast bread, right? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version