The Dark Alliance

• 04 May, 2024, 06:13:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cluster and first impression..  (Read 21775 times)

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
Cluster and first impression..
« on: 26 October, 2005, 09:38:24 PM »

I hate it :(
Proud member of TDA

Bumblina

• Forum gonnabe
« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2005, 08:53:29 AM »

I never liked the idea when they said they were going to do it.

Nope, I dont like it either.

There is just nothing quite like seeing

Bumbliana EXCALIBUR was mercilessly killed by another red coloured b*stard Jackofalltrades PRYDWEN at Agramon.

...scrolling across your screen every two minutes.

PLUS, I thought Excalibur had enough bloody BB's, Svasud faste is like a meeting place for Prydwen Elitists. Of which I saw two examples in my first 30 minutes online last night.

I am sure once I take a look around, and try working out what the difference is in the housing zones etc (if any) eg. can we go to their housing zones and do I have to check BOTH ME's for how I price my armours etc...............Oh I give up, the place is already confusing me.
Dance like no one is watching.
Sing like no one is listening.
Love like its your first love.
Otherwise shag like rabbits and have a ball.

Bumblina 50 ML10 Healer
Bumbliana 50 Bonedancer (lgm tailor)
Bumbleana 50 Huntress
Bumbleybee 50 Supp SM
Alllovedup 42 Shammy
Bumbleena 31 Healer (Aug)

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
Re: Cluster and first impression..
« Reply #2 on: 27 October, 2005, 10:30:21 AM »

Quote from: "Fenderon"
I hate it :(

The word I would use is shit.

4 hours solo yesterday, 2 kills, 10+ deaths.

It seems the prydwens are evn lamer than the excals when it comes to stealth zerging. I was killed 2 times by the same group of 5 people yesterday, what really suprised me and annoyed me to high heaven was their setup: 2NS, 1 Ranger and 2 Vamps. I of course got the usual hib /bow from each of thes as it must have been a fair fight.

I also noticed that the people (stealthers mainly) who spam relentlesy on FH about "fair fights", "I solo all the time" and "why do ppl add" were actually the biggest culprits of this.

My frustration last night ended up with me cursing on /gu, which I apologise for. It also conmtributed to me adding on everything I could see for around 15 mins after which I got very bored and logged.

I'm just hoping that it's currently like this due to the novelty of both servers being clustered. If it remains and add/zerg/gank every solo'er fest, I'm just gonna kit out my bro's RM and play that.

/Edit: I had even respecced to a more critblade to help me take down targets faster. 36sw, 39LA, 35st, 41CS and 25 Env.
Didn't notice much difference in dmg tbh which I was pleased about. Was even PA'ing for over 500 mainhand which suprised me :)
DAOC Finished

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #3 on: 27 October, 2005, 10:55:35 AM »

Hmm, I have never seen people travel in a group like that. Who are they? Names would be nice to hear. So I can bug them about it! ;)

There are quite a few decent ones out there from hib/pryd. People that even complain when I take out the alb/mid addon while they fight.

Some decent names should be: Luon, Caestar, Awod (guildy who might team up with me often when I get back), and some others.

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #4 on: 27 October, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »

Can't remember the names of them, they were all around rr2-3, so wasn't totally suprising.

I'm looking forward to fighting Awod and yourself Nayna. Who is Neeza (i think he's called that) rr9 ns, he just tended to add at just about any given opportunity.

I also noticed hibs love to use their ML abilities. Was camping around crauch bridge when albs had a few crim towers as I expected some hibs to use the bridge to help retake towers. I saw 3 hibs running towards the bridge, the last guy was quite a bit behind, so PA chained him dead. The first 2 then returned, the chanter QC stunned me (purge down) then the warden came up to me and grappled me just to make sure. Couldn't help but laugh when they did that :)
DAOC Finished

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #5 on: 27 October, 2005, 11:11:48 AM »

also I really freaking hate remedy. such easymode ;)
Proud member of TDA

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #6 on: 27 October, 2005, 11:21:38 AM »

I dont know Neeza, maybe someone who came back with clustering.

There are some more very nice stealthers btw, one really nasty melee ranger, who can take on about 2 or 3 albs while I stand clapping! ;)

And there have been many leveling stealthers the last months, who would now be lowbie stealthers / vampiirs who lack the normal attitude I met on pryd. And of course I cannot always judge the other hibs as I can the albs/mids. :)

And fend, go play your necro instead of talking OP crap! ;) Consider this, perhaps remedy is the way all RR5 skills should be. And others are just underpowered or people lack the sense when they can be applied best! (and yes, remedy is really powerfull in 1 on 1 assassin fights)

If you remember, put down some names of hibs you dislike (adding / stealthzerging) and ones you like. So I can see if people changed with the clustering etc. :) And to be able to make a more balanced opinion on some fellow hiblings. Ill try and do the same from that side and from mid side!

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #7 on: 27 October, 2005, 11:32:51 AM »

Might have to get leveling my ranger/ns with my bb at some point, maybe i should do that while rvr is still a bit laggy.

I only went on last night to try to get 4k rp's to ding 5L5, 2k still to go lol.
DAOC Finished

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #8 on: 27 October, 2005, 11:38:25 AM »

Haha, you still havent decided which one you'd prefer? (not that I have made my choice between them yet, Ill just end up with two moderate high RR stealthers instead of one really high one).

Both needing elite equip of course. So that will keep me busy a while still!

I think there are some others that are (going to) level(ing) on pryd. So maybe you can do that together. I still have a few char ideas to level up there (and on mid) as well. So when I come back Id join up!

Just some ideas of mine:
Really equip Symn and get him some RR.
Remake Cooky as Troll warrior for pve.
Make myself a real rvr caster, possibly respec nayna though.
Make a melee oriented char on pryd, thinking vamp/champ/bm.
Finish my sb on mid.

And thats just the start obviously. (Insane I be)

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #9 on: 27 October, 2005, 12:00:06 PM »

Was thinking of leveling a Ranger, speccing him mainly bow until rr5 then spec:

35RB, 35Stealth, 34Blades, 40CD and 24PF or

35Stealth, 36Blades, 50CD, 24PF and 12Bow.

Celt or Shar as I'll be baldes from rr5.
DAOC Finished

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #10 on: 27 October, 2005, 12:34:03 PM »

Really equip Symn and get him some RR.

waste of time . thanes will always be thanes .. will get even worst with DR

Remake Cooky as Troll warrior for pve.

sounds pretty wise.. cooky can t be anything but a twoll anyway :p

Make myself a real rvr caster, possibly respec nayna though.

planning to finish Gup up ? RM are very popular nowadays and imo they are the best mids casters(beside shamy OFC :p)

Make a melee oriented char on pryd, thinking vamp/champ/bm.

i know a few TA started to play a bit on hyb... (jazz dame and myself not to name them :p)

got  vamp (Work In Progress), rolled banshee, animist, BM, warden ... all around /lvl atm .. but can be fast to lvl up as a group
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

Woogy

• Forum willbe
« Reply #11 on: 27 October, 2005, 01:00:50 PM »

my first impression where neough to make me cry.

im really not enjoying myself. the lagg yesterday in agramon was just stupid and i was stuck iding so much i decided not to come back on that night (not to meation so much kill spam i can't see what the hell im doing).  I think the clustering was a very bad idea and should not have been implamented. i have been stealth zerged as trall said god knows how many times and as u all know im a gimp ive got no chance what so ever.
but on a lighter note i plan to get my vamp to 50 sometime in the near future so you will have to watch your back cause im gonna be out TDA hunting. but then agina he only 26 and the moment so got a bit of the way to go.

anyway that my 2p enjoy  :shock:
Back

Woogy (you know what he is)
Moooooocow (33 mauler)

feiten

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #12 on: 27 October, 2005, 01:26:22 PM »

i actually cant complain to much about cluster, gotten 19 solo kills the first day and digned 4L9 (on assasinasion missino x3) and only died about 5-6 times, but thats maybe because im camping where i am, and i guess there will be loads more stealth zerg on the bridges now than it was. ofc more fg wil un around too. but ill just have to w8 and see. maybe its going to be good or maybe not

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #13 on: 27 October, 2005, 01:29:55 PM »

Ah yes thats what I wanted to ask as well. What does the island add or take away from normal RvR.

Is the rvr now even more spread amongst towers/keeps and the island. Or did that take over most of the rvr places?

@Hanza, I like the thane. And people underestimate their strengths. So ill show them damnit!

And those going for pryd, perhaps post in my post about that from a long time ago, to know all chars etc..

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #14 on: 27 October, 2005, 02:00:23 PM »

my personal feeling about agrammon is pretty good ... the implement of three wall+ gates at each realm entrance remind me a lot of old frontiere

with all the fun this involved..

this has also gather all the three realms on a smaller spot wich is very exiting while roaming with FG as u can jump albs and get jump by hibs any second so u have to be very aware stick and leave straight after fight  etc...

other RvR place are still busy when there is action (keep/tower taking) but the endless roaming accross the three realm looking  for an alb to kill is more or less over
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 18 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal