The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 11:09:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So long and thanks for all the fish..  (Read 7905 times)

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
So long and thanks for all the fish..
« on: 20 September, 2008, 02:49:44 AM »

Sadly I feel it has to come to an ending of my time with TDA. Apparently years of dedication as player and officer mean nothing when you decide that you wish to try out the (supposed) underpopulated side in a new game. So you get stripped off the rights you had build up during your time with the guild, and possibly even worse without a word up front.

Its not as much the reasoning that you want to keep things secret as it is the way you decide to implement this as well as the trust you apparently freely give to unknown guild leaders from a possible alliance / raid crew that you cannot give to someone who has spend years within the guild trying to lead raids and sort problems. I had even asked a friend to share his account with me so I could create a few characters there just to be able to play with you people now and then, but now I don't quite feel like that anymore.

I have to admit that it hurts to be dropped out like this, with no real reason at all (heck we've all played both excalibur and prydwen on different servers). Did you ever have to kick anyone out of anything because they had access to knowledge from the other realm, just because they had characters on different realms?

Anyway, that's enough of the crappy stuff.. I hope to see many of you on the same side on a possible Origins server if that ever comes to be. Other than that Id like to say thanks for all the fun times we've had together. And sorry to those who known nothing about this or could do nothing to prevent it. I wish I could have kept this to a more private channel, but alas that's one of the main things that has been taken from me.

So all that's left to say is so long and thanks for all the fun...

Aerendur aka Symn aka Puz aka Nayna..

ps; ill keep an eye on this thread for a few days. After that ill delete my account and anyone who would like to contact me can do so through msn (if you don't have that yet, there are plenty of people in the guild that do)..
« Last Edit: 20 September, 2008, 10:27:48 AM by Aerendur »

Lembit

• Dark Cleaner
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Padawan
Re: So long and thanks for all the fish..
« Reply #1 on: 20 September, 2008, 10:04:42 AM »

Ok, going to give my side of the story.

A few days ago all was well. Then I found out that Aerendur was playing order on the same server as us. This worried me a little for a few reassons. Why "try" the other side on the same server as your guild? How would other guilds see us if they found out we got a guy on the other side with full forum accees? So I removed you from viewing the entire forum.

You compare this to daoc cluster servers. Trust me, before the clustering, x-realming would not be tolerated by me or any other guild in the alliance. No, I dont think you would go off and spread info about raids etc. But all it takes is one failed raid, or you just gently stearing your guild in a direction for us to become suspects.

I am sad to see you go, but cant help wonder a few things. Why do you "need" total forum access now? TDA is not really active in any other game than WAR.  Why why why did you have to roll order on the same server as us? You claim its just to "try the underpopulated" side, but if it was only for that reasson, you could have just as easy started on different server.

Again, sad to see you go.
“Women are like canoes, full of soup. At first everyone is suspicious but then everyone wants one.”

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #2 on: 20 September, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »

First off, I tried to get the people I play on order with to go to another server. But since they are also ex-daoc players. They want to play on the 'daoc' server.

The access Id like to have to be able to chat about a possible Origins adventure and to have the normal discussions about what not. If you are that worried that others would use it to complain about the guild, then you could have made a WAR officer alliance forum part. Not that Id think anyone would ever wonder about someone on a forum, anyone in the guild would know better, anyone not in the guild wouldn't know my name or give it a second thought.

However the way you did this is what the real issue for me. You could at least have told me you where thinking about this or have looked for another option. Instead you simply removed me without a word. Not the way I would treat guildies..

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #3 on: 20 September, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »

You could have suggested it.. informed us in some way with a post.

I hate to see you leaving like this, but even though we know you wouldn't have deliberately cross-realmed or anything, it was still a conflict of interest. Making seperate lord sections are being discussed - but so far TDA is only playing WAR. There has been no need really and no one expected anyone with access to officer section to join the other side on that server.

What would you have done if it was someone else playing on the other side?
Proud member of TDA

Oneeyedjack

• TDA member
  • Forum Padawan
« Reply #4 on: 20 September, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »

I have send you a pm, explaining the situation. Lets hope this was just a miscommunication and it dont have to come to you leaving the guild. If you or anybody else have questions about playing the opposite realm on the same server, feel free to ask.

We may have to make a clarification in the rules soon, so we know exactly where we stand in TDA.
Keep it fun!

Guildmaster of TDA

Aion:
Yulia - Chanter
Jackattack - Mage

WAR:
Yulia - Zealot
Oneeyedjack - Magus
Jacky - Sorcerer

AoC:
Yulia - Priest of Mitra
Yuliette - Tempest of Set
Oneeyedjack - Demonologist

DAoC:
Oneeyedjack - RM
Yulia - Mend/Pac Healer
Jackhammor - SM

Audhild

• Officers
  • Forum willbe
« Reply #5 on: 20 September, 2008, 09:02:23 PM »

I agree u shouldnt have just been kicked out, it should have beed discussed and u should have been warned. I still think the best solution would be to have separate sections on forum, then u could still chat with us but not see what we plan in war. Should make everyone happy :)
Daoc:
Audhild the healer
Mirja the runemaster
Lilleaud the shaman
and a few alts ;p

Leel

• TDA member
  • Forum wannabe
« Reply #6 on: 20 September, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »

Well, I don't really care if people in our guild play both sides, as I trust they will be grownups that won't cross communicate etc. The reason to try out the other side on the same server as the other ex daocers makes totally sense too of course. Of course I didn't have any knowledge of this beforehand, but I hope you don't delete and can come and play with us when you feel like playing some destruction.
And above all, have fun, that's what it's all about:-)
Thormod marauder
Leel sorceress
Leetl zealot
Hovmod witchelf
Fark dok
Skiddaz squig herder
Boi shaman
Banehand magus

Artemisia

• TDA member
  • Forum Guru
« Reply #7 on: 21 September, 2008, 03:24:28 AM »

I'm on puz side on this for one simple reason, this is a freaking game and puz is NOT a newb that joined the guild few days ago. Silly call, really.

TDA was always a reasonable guild with mature, even wise, people, playing the game for the fun, keep it that way.

Relax now, and think what you guys are trying to do.
Daoc
Dyveth-Limors-Ywain
Simetryc Setima Cibel Ritmo Nyxia Simetry Simmetric DrSato Cynism Cottonfeet

WAR
Simetry

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #8 on: 21 September, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »

In DAoC you could/can play on different realms with one account, that was no reason to change guild rights in the past and shouldn't be ever. It's a TECHNICAL thingie, so keep it that way.

Loyality, honesty and whatever people where/are thinking about has nothing to do with that.

Cool down please (both sides), this thread has already spoiled this Sunday for me, don't let that silly discussion go on and behave like the people I thought I knew from the past.

Is this really true or just a bad joke?  ??? ??? :-[
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

Kivik

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #9 on: 21 September, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »

All I have to say is that Nayna is definitely one of my closest and most trusted 'online'-friends. A real shame seeing him being treated like this by our own guild.

Anyway looking forward to fight/cuddle you on the battlefield nay :)

Mambopoa

• The Drunk British Guy
  • Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #10 on: 23 September, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

All I have to say is that Nayna is definitely one of my closest and most trusted 'online'-friends.

Do I get into the list?

Also, I think he moved servers now anyway to play order with a few others. But not sure where etc.
My name is Wod, but most people just call me Wod.

Mid:
Clanger, Wodster, Gwig, Playernotfound, Fokke, Horth, Eter.

Former Hib for my past sins!
Awod,Dowa,Bearian,Mambopoa,Hijambo

Introducing binge drinking to the world!

Lembit

• Dark Cleaner
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Padawan
« Reply #11 on: 23 September, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

To clarify some things, bare with me cause I dont have Jacks way with words.

First of all, this was not a action from TDA, I did it without consulting other officers. So Im resposible for the confusion that may have occurd afterwards.

My actions were never intended as a kick from TDA, it was the only way I could think of to restrict forum access. Call me stupid but as we were forming an alliance I went straight back to old Daoc days when cross realming was a big no no. I do realise we all grown up etc, but still think some of that magic can and should be kept.

All this was done to hastley, I realise this. Tho at the time, I did not think my actions warrented a explination, due to TDA not been given any info from Nayna about the switch. No, I dont consider a msn msg asking another guy to tell me to pvp flag myself in a pq as proper info to the guild.

Now, as the saying goes. Two wrongs dont make a right. So I appoligies for my hastley action.

Now hopefully we can put this behind us, and welcome back Nayna if he decides to reconsider his choice.

/ Lembit

“Women are like canoes, full of soup. At first everyone is suspicious but then everyone wants one.”

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #12 on: 24 September, 2008, 12:03:43 AM »

Apology accepted, Ill apologize for any confusion by not telling the guild forthright where I was playing. I was still in the process of getting people to move server. My hopes where still high that we would move cluster, with queues forming and people not being above 20 anyway. Which is why I decided not to confuse or worry people before all was set in stone.

Since Sunday I play Order on axe bite pass with a bunch of friends. Since we didn't like the queues and crashes. So for now I won't be playing 8 peak. If we stick to that server ill delete the (then to be cloned) order characters and join you guys out on destruction for some fun hopefully. But for now I simply don't have the time to play both sides (even on different servers).

About the message, I happened to be talking to Big about how the game felt and such when I saw you appear on screen. So I joked around that he should taunt you for me (I tried to emote but it didn't seem to work, kept dancing with myself ;P ). A few hours later I happily slapped you around in the scenario with my shield (I hope you got some frequent flyer miles!).

I hope you all realize how difficult the choice of server is/was for me. With all daoc friends going to the same server on different sides it took me a while to figure out what and where to play. In the end I promised a friend to duo with him about half a year back and he prefers Order. Thus I went Order. (I rerolled three times for a reason ;) ). And I must admit, the Ironbreaker is great fun. Not the best of dps, but damn I can stay alive and with full grudge my damage is quite decent. Id say 70% of a pure dps character (although IB does damage over time so it doesn't seem like big damage).

So have fun out there and hopefully until sometime ingame!

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #13 on: 24 September, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »

Am somewhat relieved about that outcome. Keep talking with each other all the while the excitement and the frustration about waiting in cue is literally killing you!

/wave
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal