The Dark Alliance

• 29 April, 2024, 12:44:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: What to play while wating for gw2  (Read 79151 times)

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
Re: What to play while wating for gw2
« Reply #45 on: 14 November, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »

Skyrim is excellent. :-)
(and I disliked Oblivion..)

Fend you r a teaser !!! i just wish i have time to just switch on my computer.... lately i had no free time at al, since GF is sucking it all up. i loved all elder scroll games and now i m just looking forward to try skyrim.... boooooh how is it what makes it good since you didnt like oblivion ?
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

EchelonIV

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #46 on: 14 November, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »

i hated oblivion  .. played morrowind to shreads and loves skyrim so far :D

Adoctor

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #47 on: 15 November, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »

I'm playing COD MW3 atm...keep an eye out for me in game under "Goose Man".

EchelonIV

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #48 on: 15 November, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

i'm glad i didnt byt BF3 or MW3  dont miss them one bit

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #49 on: 15 November, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »

Ahh that is why you aint playing LotRO :P
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Adoctor

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #50 on: 15 November, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »

yeah...If i have to pay for content I might as well get the new stuff :)

do you want my lotro account details?

delay

• Official Blametaker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • Rest in peace, Dotrella and JP.
« Reply #51 on: 15 November, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »

boooooh how is it what makes it good

Even though I like Oblivion I'll toss in my comments on pros and cons in Skyrim :P
Keep in mind I play on PC, so some issues may not be applicable to consoles...

* Skyrim has good graphics. It's not that it's completely stunning, but with a far draw distance (items, objects, actors), you will get really nice landscapes.
* The crafting system isn't overly advanced, but seems rather well executed to me. Animations in the background while you craft!
* Wildlife is present, though not perfect (deer and foxes let you come way too near).
* The combat system is rather good - the most annoying thing about it for me is when I perform a power attack, then release the attack button and press it again to perform another attack, the game simply does not register it as a new click -- it seems I have to wait until the previous attack has been completed before the game will accept next click on attack button. Can be frustrating when you are in a tough fight and want to keep power-attacking as fast as possible.
* The user interface doesn't adjust to any keys you might have rebound (like swapping the buttons for POV/sheath weapon), and the buttons are reused in many menus, so it can get a bit confusing, like dropping weapons when you try to favorite them, etc).
* The map is 3D - instead of the 2D maps from Morrowind/Oblivion (no mini-map/radar)
* Not as many "open" quests as in Oblivion and Morrowind. What I mean is: there are not [as many/any] quests where there is no map pointer and you have to find clues or locations yourself from examining the text in books, etc.
* You pause the game when bringing up the Steam UI, so there's no chatting while running from A to B to pass time. For someone that prefers not to use fast-travel, this can be a bit annoying/boring.
DAoC US: Tonje, Delayed, Lynvingen
DAoC Uthgard: Asmegin, Lynvingen

() ()
(f;.;)f
(")(")

[Chat] Lembit: "if delay aint coming back is there a point of going on?"
Quote from: joap
tks jack, should i spank delay anyway?

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #52 on: 16 November, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »

sure doc we can use you as TP bot
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #53 on: 16 November, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »

So Lotro, tried installing yesterday, but after 8gig download it wouldn't work somehow. Might have to try again today.

What are the steps to take to play? And would I have to buy something along the way? If so, where is cheapest?  :D

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #54 on: 17 November, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

So Lotro, tried installing yesterday, but after 8gig download it wouldn't work somehow. Might have to try again today.

What are the steps to take to play? And would I have to buy something along the way? If so, where is cheapest?  :D

arguably, you don't need to buy anything. You do pick up turbine points as you go and they can be used to buy the essentials, such as the riding skill. However, with a basic account you have a number of disadvantages. these include things like slower logging in, limited classes (don't get the Warden or the Runekeeper), limited bag/bank/sharedbank space, only two character slots and a limit on how much gold you can have. Furthermore, you wont have access to all of the zones in the game, which wont matter from the outset, but will once you hit about level 20, this might become a problem.

A good way to get all the stuff is to pay for a monthly account. this will unlock a lot of features, give you 500 turbine points per month free up a number of limitations. Another is to buy the Moria expac, which would give all the content up until Moria and unlock the warden and runekeeper. However, this will set you back about £40 (approx 50 euros?).

I hope that helps,

Gont (WARden - big pointy sticks and shouty shout toon)
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #55 on: 18 November, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

* The user interface doesn't adjust to any keys you might have rebound (like swapping the buttons for POV/sheath weapon), and the buttons are reused in many menus, so it can get a bit confusing, like dropping weapons when you try to favorite them, etc).

I haven't tried it myself, but have a look at this mod :)
Proud member of TDA

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #56 on: 21 November, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »

However, with a basic account you have a number of disadvantages. these include things like slower logging in, limited classes (don't get the Warden or the Runekeeper), limited bag/bank/sharedbank space, only two character slots and a limit on how much gold you can have. Furthermore, you wont have access to all of the zones in the game, which wont matter from the outset, but will once you hit about level 20, this might become a problem.

A good way to get all the stuff is to pay for a monthly account. this will unlock a lot of features, give you 500 turbine points per month free up a number of limitations. Another is to buy the Moria expac, which would give all the content up until Moria and unlock the warden and runekeeper. However, this will set you back about £40 (approx 50 euros?).

I hope that helps,

Gont (WARden - big pointy sticks and shouty shout toon)

Hmm. Sounds like a pain. I'll try the free version to check if I like it enough. Unless there is some TDA'r with an old account that is unused? I assume these accounts have more options open, even if not payed for atm?
« Last Edit: 22 November, 2011, 09:31:04 AM by Aerendur »

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #57 on: 22 November, 2011, 08:59:35 AM »

Hm,
I am still playing Vindictus.

It's fast-paced and the quest/mission system makes it kinda easy to login for just a few quick rounds if you aren't planning to play all evening/night. Player base is good, joining a party is easy. There IS kind of a "boredom phase" until you get the first real hard missions and some more/different skills under your belt. Playing an Evie (mage/ranged type character) is not really challenging, when you can easily kill everything from a distance just by spamming 1-3 skill buttons.  ::)

However, if the mobs become stronger, faster and get some nasty long range attacks and almost unpredictable moves, coupled with better AI and well timed/aimed follow up attacks... everything changes. Throw in some insane amount of health - I already saw some with 10x the normal HP and I bet that number will raise. As a cloth/light armor wearer it needs like 1 good hit to destroy my magic shields and a 2nd one to bring me below 50%HP, if it is a crit/double attack it might as well be <10%. Being incapacitated after a strong hit (read: you lay on the ground and can't move) doesn't really help in such situations. Playing in (good) groups becomes more and more important.

Secondary weapons like chain hooks to keep monsters at one place or some alchemy to root them become more important. Slow casting magic, that can freeze bosses for a short amount of time, health regen spells, attack buffs, spears, bombs, using the environmental weapons (in case you don't know the game - you can throw rocks and stuff if you are strong enough to lift them) becomes more important and lots of that stuff becomes available in later levels. I am lvl40 now... looking forward to lvl42 where I can learn a spell to create a golem to fight for me.

There are lot's of gold sellers around but you don't need their gold. It's easy enough to get your own stuff to keep you going.

BTW - I saw a char named "Cremisi_Blodwen" playing there... does that ring a bell? 

/wave
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #58 on: 28 November, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »

Ahh that is why you aint playing LotRO :P

I think I am the only one of us playing LOTRO atm. Not seen anyone on in a while. Gont - 20 warden, Imladris server.
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #59 on: 29 November, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

well i dont know if you guys heard of it but i think i already posted something about it a long time ago

but "the secret world" is also coming. it s a gothic environement fantasy /futuristic mix and it really look like a blast... i mean, when i read the coments about SWTOR grafix and when i see the screen shoot there  no question....

it will be out in a few month, beta is just starting, and Funcom ain t noobs at MMO...
« Last Edit: 30 November, 2011, 08:02:21 AM by Hanza »
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal