The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 06:35:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Age of Wushu - proper GvG?  (Read 8703 times)

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
Age of Wushu - proper GvG?
« on: 01 March, 2013, 12:36:43 AM »

Been watching some Age of Wushu vids today, since it launches next month. Must say, closest thing to a sandbox I've seen for a while. The economy is being compared to EvE and it looks like a game for those who like their shiz complicated. Anyways, check out this GvG video. If this is an indication of the game's pvp scope, it might be worth a look.

BTW, seems to be F2P with a shop and option of monthly fee, in case you were wondering.

Gont.
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

climbatize

• Officers
  • Forum Master
Re: Age of Wushu - proper GvG?
« Reply #1 on: 01 March, 2013, 02:41:47 AM »

cant imagine myself playing that tbh

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #2 on: 01 March, 2013, 03:08:50 AM »

You no fu?

Not sure I will. That being said, am sure looking for a new game. GW2 is boring the pants out of me at this point. Feels like WoW 2.0 without the raids.
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

SIzzling

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
  • NomNom Pie...
    • CampSpy
« Reply #3 on: 01 March, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »

Does an economy compared to EvE mean a lot of work to get decent gear or not? I've never played EvE as the stories I heard about it from an enthusiastic friend didn't seem appealing :P
TDA Officer (multivira.7925)
IGN: Twirling, Sizzling, Twiddling, Sprinkling, Shrouding, Scything, Slinking, Scourging, Stomping

EchelonIV

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »

just started baldurs gate again .... wil consume all my gametime for  ... 4-5 months again i guess :p

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #5 on: 01 March, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »

That being said, am sure looking for a new game. GW2 is boring the pants out of me at this point. Feels like WoW 2.0 without the raids.

Well... Wildstar will come out 2013... and I already applied for beta. I just had to after watching the cinematic trailer. And while I am with 99%+ (  ;D ) of the other people asking for a film instead of the game it might be fun to play in that setting.

Problem with GW2 for me is, that I really thought it would be a very social game in the main areas like PvE and WvW... but the closest I come in terms of group play is doing dungeons and I even consider to start Fractals just because there is some coordination/tactics needed (from what I saw so far). So for what reason shall I login to the game?

- graphics and stuff: my PC can't handle it. At times I go crazy and run full resolution and enjoy that for like and hour... but that's it.
- stories, lore, dialogues: A-Net made huge effort in that area and it shows. I like the NPC conversations, but if you went through that once... you know...
- classes? Hell no! My main character is a Thief and it doesn't live up to what I thought it could/should be. Part of that is me, sure - but the other part comes from the game.
- daily/monthly achievements? For Laurels... right? To do what with that character then? If it's fully stuffed?
- PvE: map completion? What a great idea... hrmpf.
- WvW: Where is the place for a Thief? Zerg? No way - it's all about AoE on short cooldown. Cluster bomb monkey? No thanks. Stealth: useless. Dagger storm every now and then? How... interesting. Ok... stay away from zerg... do small scale WvW: roam and take control points and supply camps. Doable, but slooooooow. Other classes are much better for that. Poison? Pathetic. And not very usable in WvW. Steal? Biggest joke as the "class defining special ability". Steal from Warrior - whirl. That's it.
- PvP: a place to hide maybe. be what Thieves were meant to be: an "annoyance". Oh happy life.

Summary: I know what you mean.
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #6 on: 01 March, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »

That being said, am sure looking for a new game. GW2 is boring the pants out of me at this point. Feels like WoW 2.0 without the raids.

Well... Wildstar will come out 2013... and I already applied for beta. I just had to after watching the cinematic trailer. And while I am with 99%+ (  ;D ) of the other people asking for a film instead of the game it might be fun to play in that setting.

Problem with GW2 for me is, that I really thought it would be a very social game in the main areas like PvE and WvW... but the closest I come in terms of group play is doing dungeons and I even consider to start Fractals just because there is some coordination/tactics needed (from what I saw so far). So for what reason shall I login to the game?

- graphics and stuff: my PC can't handle it. At times I go crazy and run full resolution and enjoy that for like and hour... but that's it.
- stories, lore, dialogues: A-Net made huge effort in that area and it shows. I like the NPC conversations, but if you went through that once... you know...
- classes? Hell no! My main character is a Thief and it doesn't live up to what I thought it could/should be. Part of that is me, sure - but the other part comes from the game.
- daily/monthly achievements? For Laurels... right? To do what with that character then? If it's fully stuffed?
- PvE: map completion? What a great idea... hrmpf.
- WvW: Where is the place for a Thief? Zerg? No way - it's all about AoE on short cooldown. Cluster bomb monkey? No thanks. Stealth: useless. Dagger storm every now and then? How... interesting. Ok... stay away from zerg... do small scale WvW: roam and take control points and supply camps. Doable, but slooooooow. Other classes are much better for that. Poison? Pathetic. And not very usable in WvW. Steal? Biggest joke as the "class defining special ability". Steal from Warrior - whirl. That's it.
- PvP: a place to hide maybe. be what Thieves were meant to be: an "annoyance". Oh happy life.

Summary: I know what you mean.
I think most games look kinda meh Wildstar is waaay to WoW'ish. Maybe Neverwinter, but I still have things to do in GW2 and more stuff is in the works. Fractals is not bad at higher lvls in a good grp - feels hardcore.
With great Metal comes great responsibility

SIzzling

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
  • NomNom Pie...
    • CampSpy
« Reply #7 on: 01 March, 2013, 07:04:09 PM »

I'm still having fun in WvW and I don't want another game where I have to put effort into acquiring end gear :P
TDA Officer (multivira.7925)
IGN: Twirling, Sizzling, Twiddling, Sprinkling, Shrouding, Scything, Slinking, Scourging, Stomping

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #8 on: 01 March, 2013, 09:35:05 PM »

I think most games look kinda meh Wildstar is waaay to WoW'ish. Maybe Neverwinter, but I still have things to do in GW2 and more stuff is in the works. Fractals is not bad at higher lvls in a good grp - feels hardcore.

Never played WoW... so /shrug. And many Wildstar crew members did something for WoW... so this might be what you see here.

*sigh*  :-\
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

climbatize

• Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #9 on: 02 March, 2013, 02:15:24 PM »

Same as sizz still loads of fun in wvw, so im not looking for another mmo...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal