The Dark Alliance

• 27 April, 2024, 04:43:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gaming keypad  (Read 8700 times)

Xeneldix

• TDA member
  • Forum Guru
    • Personal Website
gaming keypad
« on: 11 July, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »

Getting silightly annoyed with my keyboard layout, can't seem to find a truly comfortable way to move at same time put a floor target. I managed so far, tried different layouts but don't like it too much, mainly due tot fact mouse marker constantly disappears when moving via mouse (clicking both buttons)

So, was thinking of trying something like this.

Anyone tried it? or has another type/make? ANY info would be appreciated, not want to throw money away!

I should add I own a steelseries sensei (7 button mouse) - and was perfect while I was playing healer in WoW, but for WvW I want slight different control of my toon.
« Last Edit: 11 July, 2013, 12:10:31 PM by Xeneldix »
Xenn
Mesmer: Phantasm | Condition | Hybrid | Shatter
Guardian | Necro | Ele
EVE - Online: Xenn Mia
AA - Kyprosa: Xenn - Darkrunner

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
Re: gaming keypad
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2013, 12:25:23 PM »

I have that one - it is nice :)
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Radwulf

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »

Let me suggest you Steelseries Merc. If you like lights and modding the stealth version. http://xtremgaming.es/images/componentes/steelseries_merc_stealth_teclado_gaming.jpg

I thought nostromo or the logitech one could be awesom till I tried them. Nostromo is better than a normal keyboard, but its just same keys on slightly better position. If you want full access to keys and confortable gaming playing all night long there is no better gaming keyboard than merc. BIgger keys, different ¿touching? I own merc stealth and I suggest what I bought, and if you try it, after 2 weeks you will not be able to play in the AWSD minikeys side.

Is not too much expensive and you have normal keyboard aswel, so you will not throw money away :D

Xeneldix

• TDA member
  • Forum Guru
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

Cheers Rad,  8) may consider - love the steelseries products.

One inmediate issue however is the different keymap pc/mac keyboards - I already done the painstaking driver mapping on my PC to accept a  MAc keyboard (have a Mac for work, but only one keyboard connecting both computers) - and of course wouldn't want to mess my working setup!  :o Hence an extra peripheral could be easier, dunno

Will read more about it and decide. Btw Nostomo has a d-pad, making moving around all with one finger - thumb - all other pinkies are free to kill buttons.
Xenn
Guardian | Necro | Ele

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #4 on: 17 July, 2013, 06:08:59 PM »

I am using a Razer Anansi for the same reason I use the Naga Hex: put some keys in good reach of my thumbs ;)

--> http://www.razerzone.com/de-de/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-anansi

By using WASD anyway it's quite ok to use the additional keys below the space bar.

With that being said - I tried the Ultron Clawpad and was not impressed. Good luck finding a good keypad!
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

Xeneldix

• TDA member
  • Forum Guru
    • Personal Website
« Reply #5 on: 17 July, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »

Took the plunge and got the Nostromo.

So far, it feels nice, tad big maybe, but I suck big time moving around, still need to glance at it for 1sec before each fight. I need to get used to it and try different combinations. May need some sticky stuff too, as it moves around a bit on my desk.

Tenzor game me his layout, tried and found some pro/cons - compared to my 1st layout - adapting it and getting used to the keys is the game now - scared to go WvW just yet - only 2h practise with completely new layout - on mesmer keep dropping portals on places I don't want! :D (wrong key press) - once I get used on mesmer, other toons should be OK.
« Last Edit: 17 July, 2013, 06:33:34 PM by Xeneldix »
Xenn
Guardian | Necro | Ele

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #6 on: 18 July, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

Best plan is to play around with it and see what you like. My layout, as you know, is rather similar to a normal keyboard layout. The most important is that you find a layout that works for all your toons - which is why I have F1-F6, and not just F1-F4, mapped on my  momentary keymap toggle layout.
With great Metal comes great responsibility

delay

• Official Blametaker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • Rest in peace, Dotrella and JP.
« Reply #7 on: 23 July, 2013, 11:57:51 PM »

Just thinking back to the System Shock 2 days when a host of keys were necessary for normal gameplay...

Have any of you tried moving to, say, YGHJ (as opposed to WASD)?
There you will have both ALT keys available, plus a basketfull of buttons all around the movement keys.
You also have a reliable positioning key (J has a notch) to find back to position should you have switched to typing mode, etc...
DAoC US: Tonje, Delayed, Lynvingen
DAoC Uthgard: Asmegin, Lynvingen

() ()
(f;.;)f
(")(")

[Chat] Lembit: "if delay aint coming back is there a point of going on?"
Quote from: joap
tks jack, should i spank delay anyway?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal