Open Area > General Discussion

Wod's BBQ Thread

<< < (2/41) > >>

Mambopoa:
Paprika, Brown Sugar, Salt, Pepper..............All I am going to list.  :P

EchelonIV:
i love to BBQ but i'm kinda in a rush   so i use gas.  the basic charcoal ones is way to flimsy small and hard to get the proper heat in.
have  a couple  of friends whom swears to the coal, and they meat is always dryer then mine ;)   (grills to hot and small for proper indirect heat)
 as the latest add to the hole BBQ bits i started trying growing me own chilies.  not enough types available here around kinda semi successful so far.  not a massive harvest  and i would have to rely on LED lights true the winter if and so on

Joric:
Most people here in Germany don't make a difference between
- BBQ (which is heavily on the "smoking" side of things),
- use the grill as an oven (which is everything from just warming up, baking, put stuff into tinfoil and heat that up, using indirect heat etc.) and
- grill (which is more about direct heat, high temperature, roast stuff etc.)

Often you will use two or three methods without even thinking about it. Example: you can't get a crust (no idea if that's the right word) on a piece of meat with just a BBQ and 40°C smoke. So you BBQ the meat, and then you grill it. So when somebody invites me to a BBQ and I get sausage, which sat on a grill for 2 minutes and is burnt on 2 sides and uncooked on the other 2 sides, I am kinda... well... disappointed?

If people get huge chunks of meat and try to just grill them "well done"...  ::) With enough fat in the meat you can grill and you'll be fine, even with a very hot grill. Example: slices of Pork Belly. Just make sure you don't burn them. I use a tool like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hP7jQdpNL._SY355_.jpg which helps getting everything away from blazes (dripping fat) in time with that .

Also when it comes to cheese - low or medium heat over a longer period of time and it will get too soft and prolly poor over the charcoal - nobody wants that. So you want to rather roast it fast on the outside.

As for rubs... I'd like to add Lime, Mustard, soya, honey and garlic to the list. And beer of course. Yes: I am still talking about the rub.

OMG - I am getting real hungry now.

Erebird:

--- Quote from: EchelonIV on 04 December, 2015, 05:25:41 PM ---i love to BBQ but i'm kinda in a rush   so i use gas.  the basic charcoal ones is way to flimsy small and hard to get the proper heat in.
have  a couple  of friends whom swears to the coal, and they meat is always dryer then mine ;)   (grills to hot and small for proper indirect heat)
 as the latest add to the hole BBQ bits i started trying growing me own chilies.  not enough types available here around kinda semi successful so far.  not a massive harvest  and i would have to rely on LED lights true the winter if and so on

--- End quote ---

If you need more chilies, you can order them from china for close to nothing, and no shipping fees :) might take a month to deliver though China is cheap

Mambopoa:
Sounds like Jor does the ribs with the 4 2 1 method.
4 hours smoke
2 hours wrapped with liquid(beer etc) put back on the heat.
1 hour grill for char on the outside and sticky BBQ sauce.

Its a good method and gives you fall off the bones ribs.

Hungry here too now, perhaps I do something over the weekend. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version