The Dark Alliance

• 29 March, 2024, 01:36:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New poll up on GOA webby - ONLY FOR 48 HOURS!  (Read 26751 times)

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
New poll up on GOA webby - ONLY FOR 48 HOURS!
« Reply #30 on: 11 November, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »

I agree, although Id prefer to say it the other way around (like trall). Midgard stealth is the hardmode. And hib stealth is more 'normal', compared to midgard its probably easymode, but its still not easy in the true sense of the word.

I find the game, especially for the assassins, is way out of whack. Our usual targets get so many counters to us that we can hardly kill them anymore. So we get to fight each other more than the ones we should prey upon.

In that world, top of the foodchain will be a melee ranger. Who gets dualwield, doesnt rely on the initial hit for a win or loss and gets handy tools as zephyr and IP. Which is unfair when fighting sb's for example, but which is quite balancing against brittleguarded casters and the like.

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #31 on: 14 November, 2005, 10:34:29 AM »

I agree with Nayna there, I don't want to see ns/infil being brought down (nerfed) so that they are in line with sb's. That would not make things any better.

Assassins in general need a boost to be able to compete with any other class in the game, with sb's getting a slightly bigger boost to bring us on level.

I want the game back to the paper, scissors, stone methodoligy that it was quiteome time back. Of course no class should win everytime the jump an enemy or everytime it is jumped by an enemy. For example if an assassin gets the full PA chain on any class, it should have a greater chance of killing the enemy, as it is now I could PA a convoker caster who has 3 brittles up and a self casted BT. Those 4 forms of defense in that particular scenario means the caster can have an additional 1-2k hits. I don't usually get to the self cast BT as its usually Q-C mezz/root/stun and LT LT LT/DD DD DD dead.

Anyway, I managed to get ml6 completed on saturday so I'll give my new weapon a go at some point this week to see if it makes any difference :)
DAOC Finished

Woogy

• Forum willbe
« Reply #32 on: 14 November, 2005, 12:25:13 PM »

i think the thread been hijacked o well

yes i think some class issues need to be sorted out. such as why a hunter is beaten by everything. o and also why a vamp is so over powered. im not saying it a bad think as ive got mine to 41 in aroudn 2 days play but i think they may need a bit of changing to make the game a bit fairer for all involved
Back

Woogy (you know what he is)
Moooooocow (33 mauler)

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #33 on: 14 November, 2005, 01:05:23 PM »

appears 1.81 patch will be class fixes..

but GOA has started changing gamerules by themself now.. nerfing things that still work fine on US servers (at least as far as I understand.. please say if I'm wrong).
Proud member of TDA

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #34 on: 14 November, 2005, 02:54:43 PM »

Quote from: "Fenderon"

but GOA has started changing gamerules by themself now.. nerfing things that still work fine on US servers (at least as far as I understand.. please say if I'm wrong).

You are indeed very correct. US players can still drop a PS in combat without any penalties.

From Patch 1.81a

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowblades

- Growth rates of Sadowblades Left Axe has been tripled. This should allow all Shadowblades to one-shot every other class in the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last a bit of equality ;)
DAOC Finished

Dub

• Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #35 on: 14 November, 2005, 03:16:09 PM »

good minstrel harder than good ranger imo (not more than  2-3 scary minstrells on our cluster thou) rest of minstrells still is sojourners.

as for the balancing issue , i wanna be able to fight enemy assasins on semi fair ground , most important issue to me , no matter how you balance rest of game stealthers will still have to move the same trails as the other stealths to get prey , stealther balance do matter.

and if hibs think they normal mode they are silly , no matter what else happens in game balance , armour issues and remedy gotta take hit.

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #36 on: 15 November, 2005, 11:13:11 AM »

Quote from: "Fenderon"

Patch 1.81 has been renamed "untitled" looks like they dont intend to listen to the playerbase.

Many people have rightnowed the PS as a bug and stated that it is still usable in combat on the US servers. GOA have replied that the fix has been to make the PS a dot mine once again. Looks like GOA are doing things on their own backs now.

I just find it outrageous that they are so happy to nerf one of the weakest set of classes in the game. (I say weakest in terms of our roles/functions/what or game type is, not by ability to kill).
DAOC Finished

Dub

• Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #37 on: 15 November, 2005, 06:26:44 PM »

actually i really dont care if they give ns another iwin button , aslong as it not stop my poisons from working , that is plain retarded.

why am i not allowed to rely on alch poisons to slow down enemy attack speed or endusage ? , remedy forces you to spec for an att speed decrease style , that is boring to say the least.

might be the way to hit remedy , claim it a nerf to midgards alchemist , who cares if it not true , still would go under the we only balance on realm v realm lvl  8)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal