The Dark Alliance

• 20 August, 2017, 02:22:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elysium vs Crestfall  (Read 176 times)

Hoofheart+ed

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
Elysium vs Crestfall
« on: 11 August, 2017, 12:51:16 am »

Well hello guize!

Elysium is doing really well as their population seem to be growing(Only high populated vanilla serv currently) as far as i know atleast... People go where the other people are and since CF doesnt rly have launch date maybe we should give it a try?

Thoughts??

Eyedie

• Forum gonnabe
  • Gotta follow the "Eyedie Strats"
Re: Elysium vs Crestfall
« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2017, 01:41:44 am »

I lost a lot of trust in the Elysium team with their recent decision making and such, also I am actually really enjoying this break away from World of Warcraft on the whole. I was playing Vanilla Servers + 2 Wrath Servers for the past 3 years. Hence why i'm willing to wait for Crestfall in late 2017, early 2018 so that I can hit it again with new optimism and enjoyment. I personally did not enjoy my time with the guild on Elysium anywhere near as much as (old) Elysium or Nostalrius. So for me, I will have to decline. However I am not stopping anyone here from going, enjoy it!

I was going to try out Northcraft which is a new Wrath server being opened but the moment I created the character, I just knew the break was too short for me. I am absolutely enjoying Final Fantasy 14 with a new raiding guild, its a breath of fresh air with no commitments. I literally just turn up, heal, dodge abilities and then get loot.

Do not get me wrong, as I have explained to a few others like Vankraken and Wortgewandt, I will 100% be dropping my FF14 sub and gameplay to play Crestfall. I will be making a new TDA with Squibbi, I also believe this break is doing amazing things for Squibbi as he has just moved house and being able to sort stuff out that he couldn't have done if he was still raiding. On that note, I have been also putting in 50hours a week at work to save up for my University travels over the next year. Raiding more than once a week just isn't feasible for me until September when I leave work.

I do not blame people for wanting to return to their well-geared characters, for a lot of people it was probably their first "proper" private server experience. I've dropped plenty of characters that are max level, some with amazing gear like my Priest in Wrath or the ugliest Dwarf Tank known to existance. I also understand if people can't level another character. This is personally why I am 100% going Horde next time as I could not do Alliance leveling on a Vanilla Private server again. I've never actually raided on Horde side on a Private server. Only back in Retail where I was a terrible Resto Shaman called Healerman. My creativity with names has never changed even from back when I was 11 and first started playing.   ;D

I've been on the Crestfall website everyday (close enough) since the day I quit Elysium and will provide updates on this forum when there is stuff worth posting. There is a lot that obviously is bug tracking or such. If you are interested I can give you more information on Teamspeak if you are willing to know how far they have got. But in short, it is in Closed Beta - Classes are almost complete to "their" perfection and leveling zones are on their list, I have heard that they are about 1/4 - 1/5 of the way through those zones. Dungeons and raids however are complete minus a few tweaks for difficultly reasons (they will release the bosses harder than normal and make them easier ... back to normal ... after guilds have them a bit more on farm, by harder they are most likely going to randomize the timings on certain abilities to make people think on their feet rather than rely on addons ... time will tell). Servers will be capped at 5k. Anymore just ask me.

Overall, I hope to see many of you amazing raiders on Crestfall, and maybe a few individuals to change their minds and join us. Except Nindi, I'm gunna Mind Control him at every opportunity.  8) I've got a full plan made together with Squibbi on how the guild will be run throughly on Horde side, we will release these when they have been proof-read a bit more and when a release date has been established. Either way, enjoy whatever you want to play until November (onwards) when Crestfall is released and hit it hard.
« Last Edit: 11 August, 2017, 01:44:12 am by Eyedie »
Thou shalt never fulfill the legacy of thy name or lightning  shalt strike on thou responsible!

Majdul

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2017, 06:23:50 am »

me and jasuba going ham on warmane (outland) until CF , join if you're bored looking to play @hoof & anyone ;)

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #3 on: 11 August, 2017, 01:30:17 pm »

I'm raiding on Vengeance (TBC - alliance), SSC and TK as Aluvio: Low pop PvE server with a guild named Euphoric.

Playing casually on Northcraft (WotLK - Alliance): Decent pop PvP server with some people from the above guild. Having an absolute blast as a Blood tank DK named Gont. I would recommend both servers highly, although the latter server is more Blizzlike (Boost to 70 then x1 experience) and the PvP is great!
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

Squibbi

• Forum gonnabe
  • ~Buff Me Harder~
« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2017, 02:23:36 pm »

Aside from unresolved issues with the team responsible for Elysium itself, not least of which their transparency and motivation behind GM rulings coupled with obvious and persistent favouritism, I don't feel our old server has any life left after logging with several characters over the last few months. It has become Kronos 1, where people solely raidlog, and where half the chat at any given time is chinese, especially in BGs. I do think the Elysium server (rather than Anathema) is in a good spot right now, it seems active, guilds are persistent, and the community is actually present. Rolling on that server for me is not only being late to the party, but pointless when I already have Squibbi on a server also run by the same team.

This break has done wonders, I am doing a shitload of RL stuff, moved house, fiddled with other games, and a bunch of different hobbies. I do think CF will be a good wait, starting zones and completed chars are essential before the hype train really builds, and they are not there yet, but the playtest team is active, knowledgeable, and seem to care a lot. They are definately guilty of the 'its ready when its ready' mindset, but thats ok by me.

As Eye mentioned, I have already planned with several people details of the CF guild, ranks, etc and that isn't going anywhere; and I am happy to simply see what unfolds. I don't feel any desire or need to play WoW just for the sake of it, and as someone who wants a Vanill>TBC server, no other projects atm really interest me.

I will wish any that do other projects good luck, and will continue to enjoy whats left of the sun before the great dark falls and we are all forced to play games 24/7 while eating lefse.

Much love.
'In the ship of Raiding, all sails belong to the Tanks. They look fabulous in sails.'

Hoofheart+ed

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #5 on: 12 August, 2017, 04:12:19 pm »

Slowly doing some lvling on new Ely but saving my energy for CF ofc! Really hyped for the lvling as horde, 5mans etc etc

Ravne

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #6 on: 14 August, 2017, 06:40:05 pm »

Hi everyone I know, hope you are well:)

I would like to join you on Crestfall, hope for Horde side<3, so i can play Shaman :)
Any estimated time for the server to go live?

xx

Hoofheart+ed

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #7 on: 14 August, 2017, 08:30:29 pm »

Hey Ravne! About the ETA, Eyedie mentioned late 2017 / early 2018 so hopefully sometime around there but who knows :) Hopefully they will be somewhat ready around that time atleast! Shamans <3

Ravne

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #8 on: 14 August, 2017, 09:17:18 pm »

Thank you, Hoof ^^

Eyedie

• Forum gonnabe
  • Gotta follow the "Eyedie Strats"
« Reply #9 on: 15 August, 2017, 12:53:04 am »

Hi everyone I know, hope you are well:)

I would like to join you on Crestfall, hope for Horde side<3, so i can play Shaman :)
Any estimated time for the server to go live?

xx

Long time no see, yeah as Hoof stated i'm expected an end of year or start of 2018 release. I will post on here when a release date is estimated by themselves properly. Hope all is well for you and it would be good to see you play again. Healers are always welcome!!
Thou shalt never fulfill the legacy of thy name or lightning  shalt strike on thou responsible!

Ravne

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #10 on: 15 August, 2017, 01:02:45 pm »

Ty, Eyedie :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 23 queries.