The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 06:56:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been a while  (Read 7988 times)

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
Been a while
« on: 05 April, 2019, 03:56:35 AM »

Joined TDA in 2011. Shit, shocked to realise that. We haven't played games together in years. You know what, playing with Fizz, Tenzor, Joric, Feiten...the list could go on. Thank you Eric and the Vanilla WoW  crew - loved living out the old days. Squibb, you are really hardcore. Anyway, I've been lurking on this forum for years. I miss them days. Thank you.

Gont/Aluvio/Agrik (Jamie)
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

delay

• Official Blametaker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • Rest in peace, Dotrella and JP.
Re: Been a while
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2019, 07:40:16 PM »

Those were (the) days...

Think it'd be hard getting that many back together in a single game, now, but there sure are lots of fond memories :)
DAoC US: Tonje, Delayed, Lynvingen
DAoC Uthgard: Asmegin, Lynvingen

() ()
(f;.;)f
(")(")

[Chat] Lembit: "if delay aint coming back is there a point of going on?"
Quote from: joap
tks jack, should i spank delay anyway?

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #2 on: 05 April, 2019, 07:52:37 PM »

Those were (the) days...

Think it'd be hard getting that many back together in a single game, now, but there sure are lots of fond memories :)

Absolutely. Loads of fond memories indeed. Was feeling a bit nostalgic so just felt like saying hi and stuffs :D

<(Aluvio)>

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
« Reply #3 on: 05 April, 2019, 10:35:52 PM »

I was about to give up playing DAoC when I met someone from Hibernian Devils and started playing Hib/Pryd. In the end that led me to TDA and many hours (my POV) of gameplay and Vent/TS. DAoC, AoC, WAR, GW2... all these nice fantasy worlds, my chars... fond memories indeed.
I think it's mainly that getting-older thingie. Some good RL friends play Siedler (Settlers?) online, hardcore, now. I started to play AR, Shadowrun and stuff like that. I think the main reason is, that it's easier to play just a few rounds and then log off and do something else.
I should go and dig out a few old screenshots and photos...
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

Fizzlefry

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #4 on: 11 April, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »

Time flies. Joined TDA shortly after shrouded isle release. Must be close to 17 years in TDA now. Lots of fond memories. I hardly play anything but single player games now, contemplating selling my pc and getting a playstation. :D

Who knows, maybe some game is lurking right around the corner that will drag us all back in. ;)

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #5 on: 04 May, 2019, 02:08:32 AM »

Time flies. Joined TDA shortly after shrouded isle release. Must be close to 17 years in TDA now. Lots of fond memories. I hardly play anything but single player games now, contemplating selling my pc and getting a playstation. :D

Who knows, maybe some game is lurking right around the corner that will drag us all back in. ;)

Amen to that sir. Not even religious.

<(Aluvio)>

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »

somebody stole my post !! i joined shortly afte fizzle i guess somewhere around april 2003... that s a good 16 years ago and i have been dragged in many adventures, sleepless nights and  jugs of coffe with all the TDA bastards.... found those guys by chance and never left, never even thaught about it to be honnest.

It s funny to thing that this generation (eventhaugh many générations are represented) started to experience online gaming, and regardless of how strange it can sound for some people we did manage to build up a community of people appreciating each other, respecting each other  driven by a commun hobby (/passion of you have more than 365 days of /play in daoc :D).
funny to say... today we do not play all together but the bounds remain, a froum post, a Facebook note, a whatsapp message or a visit :)

TDA is a great family! i miss the old days as well, but i m happy those days braught us where we are now !

Cheers

DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

Drdoomblunt

• TDA WoW Officer
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #7 on: 24 July, 2019, 12:13:07 AM »

The vanilla bois are still going strong Gont. We have a discord here if you want to join: https://discord.gg/EQC77c

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #8 on: 05 September, 2019, 02:12:59 PM »

The vanilla bois are still going strong Gont. We have a discord here if you want to join: https://discord.gg/EQC77c

Tried linking to this since classic launched. Assuming you are playing somewhere... got a new link to disc? Might give it a go.

<(Aluvio)>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal