The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 07:18:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ten years  (Read 7225 times)

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
Ten years
« on: 07 March, 2021, 01:01:53 AM »

I pop in here, from time to time. I'm not sure why. I know I had some great times with the peops. I wasn't old then, as most were older than me. I feel old now. I miss this community. I get that people have moved on. Thing is, given It's nearly 10 years, I felt I wanted to say something...

Thank you. That's it. I know this gaming comm is gone, so I am saying my farewells. When my account says it is 10 years in May I am going to sign off for the last time. From them first days in Rift, to GW2 and shady WoW Vanilla servers and a whole host of other games I played, this was the community I loved most.

TDA, big love. Gont/Aluvio/other names. Sleep well, you f*cking awesome people.
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

Joric

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
  • Let me guess... problems.
Re: Ten years
« Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2021, 08:47:48 AM »

Hi Gont,
I pop in here too... from time to time. And I miss the community. I already felt old, when I joined the Hibernian Devils in DAoC - this is where it started for me - and it didn't get better over the years. I still feel kinda close to the people I played with and talked to - I even met some in RL.

So why did it stop? Life changes for everyone I guess. When I was younger I could work 10+ hours each day, drive from and to work 2 hours and still play 3-4 hours on many days. I can't do that now. Between 9 and 10pm I get sleepy and head for my bed... no big raids and online sessions for me atm. Sure, there are the weekends... but theres also more than just playing games.

Also the new games doesn't appeal to me. I miss the story, it's too much about non-stop-killing and the mechanics are also mjeh. I am looking for games, where I can play a few - rather short - rounds/missions when I feel like it. AoV (Arena of Valor) - a mobile MOBA - is an example. Atlas Reactor was nice - servers are down sadly. Turn-based games like XCOM, Invisible Inc. and Shadowrun also fit in my daily life.

As I can't throw things away easily I will probably stay here for a bit longer. You never know... maybe something happens ;)

All the best to you, mate!
J.
I hum along and make things hum...
Uthgard: Jorunn / Skald
ESO: Yuto / Templar
GW2: Jo Ric / Thief, Irwy / Guardian, Ngumi / Warrior

delay

• Official Blametaker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • Rest in peace, Dotrella and JP.
« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »

I agree with you both, I think!
TDA holds a really special place in my heart, with such very fond memories of many an hour spent in a few games, with all you very nice people.
My DAoC accounts are about old enough to buy beer, now. Drive a car, even.
I still play games of course, but the rotation is higher and not all games are as fun for everyone, or for as long, or even at the same time!
It is, perhaps, time to let fond memories be just fond memories...
DAoC US: Tonje, Delayed, Lynvingen
DAoC Uthgard: Asmegin, Lynvingen

() ()
(f;.;)f
(")(")

[Chat] Lembit: "if delay aint coming back is there a point of going on?"
Quote from: joap
tks jack, should i spank delay anyway?

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2021, 07:23:50 PM »

well, apparently i pop around way less than i should :D

still lights my heart to read such post :) TDA was a great place to be full of nice people and its uniqueness probably makes it special. despite all the games and communities i ve tried since my DAoC days i never felt a better place than this.

we all grow old and change but i still thiunk about this group of good people very often.

if some of you are still casually gaming i m probably gonna jump into Amazon's new world. much more casualy than i used to but still how can i let a three faction pvp go without giving it a try ? :D

take care all of you, and hopefully see you soon
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2021, 08:40:10 AM »

Finally found my password!
Greetings old fart! it is I Tenzor :P
I, like the rest, also miss them good old days (and the boys), but alas some move on and even get a life! I myself still play MMO's but a lot more casually. I pop by GW2 at times but it is not the same as a solo adventure. I will also attend New World. It seems like it has stolen some good stuff from GW2, and WAR, and more... but we will see :)

Let me know if more join in. Maybe we could all join some community or some :)

Best regards
Tenzor
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #5 on: 14 August, 2021, 09:33:38 AM »

I also come by every now and then, when I see something of someone familiar from the TDA days. And we're all still not old, just more busy with things, so less insane gaming hours.

It would be cool to get a small gang together again, perhaps we can meet up in New World (as Tenzor has asked lately). Or in some other way, would be cool to catch up and get a small oldschool feeling.

Best regards,
Puz/Nayna or however else I've appeared over the years. :)

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #6 on: 29 August, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »

Open beta in New World 9th to the 12 of September ... the first one is free! :P
https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/open-beta
With great Metal comes great responsibility
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal