The Dark Alliance

• 02 May, 2024, 04:12:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Reactivated my account  (Read 20308 times)

Funoo

Reactivated my account
« on: 26 January, 2006, 05:10:04 AM »

After 11 months of grinding in WoW, I finally "completed" the game and started to wonder what had happened to TDA (and this game), since the TDA forum went down a few weeks after my subscription ran out back then.
So I finally decided to reactivate my account and to my surprice I found out that most of you had continued playing the game since then.
I cant remember if I even told any of you that I was leaving DAoC for WoW back then, and I feel bad about it if not  :oops:
I don't think I actually expected getting addicted to a new game that fast, since I really liked DAoC (with the exception of the new frontiers) :)

anyways, I've payed for 1 month subscription now and hopefully I'll renew it in the future with my WoW subscription. So for those of you who remember me, Im back :D

The only new expansion since I left DAoC is Catacombs, so I'd like to know if there's anything I need to know about that place. Any new "must-have" items for an old TOA equipped dark SM like me? :)

In WoW I've been playing a NE druid for ~80 days /played and it's pretty much loaded with the best items currently in the game. Dont ask me why I spend that much time getting those items, because the PvP system in WoW is just silly and I haven't really bothered with it.

anyways, I've missed you all and wanted to give you all a big /hug here on the new forum aswell  :lol:

Lover

Reactivated my account
« Reply #1 on: 26 January, 2006, 07:32:02 AM »

Welcome Back :)

U might not know me, but iam a new member of TDA :)

Vaar

Reactivated my account
« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2006, 10:12:02 AM »

Heh Hi again Fun:)

Wondered wher you went... (which sever btw?)

Anyway. Cata was a very good expansion it the aspect that it didn't change a thing really in daoc except that it eased lvling a TON, and introduced some new classes which have whine fanclubs.

Warlocks mid caster. 2 or 3 HEAVY insta cast class with extreeme frontload for 1v1, not that OP in grouped. Helps mids in siege.

Banshees Hib caster with cone effect dmg spell you quickly will learn to "love". High output but possible to kill as most casters

Heretic. Alb seer/caster/tank Somewhat bugged class with focus spell (more and more dmg over time) as it's croix

Valkyries Mid female tankclass. Variation of Thane with fair melee, and much aoe interupt, and special spear/sword and shield style (looked on as gimp class).

Vampir Hib tank class. Can't be buffed and reliant on building up power poll ala wow warriors rage... OP as HELL in 1v1, and fair lighttank ini some hibgroups.

So in short.. Nothing really changes. Still good ol Daoc

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
Reactivated my account
« Reply #3 on: 26 January, 2006, 10:35:53 AM »

Haha, welcome back funoo, you did say in guild you where going away for a bit. Hope you will have fun again, Im off for my break! ;)

rhayn

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
Reactivated my account
« Reply #4 on: 26 January, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »

Hi Funoo :D
- Named after Rhayn the Mull of the Dark Sun series.

Dub

• Officers
  • Forum Master
Reactivated my account
« Reply #5 on: 26 January, 2006, 12:23:46 PM »

welcome back funoo  8)

Lillevampyr

Reactivated my account
« Reply #6 on: 26 January, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »

Hey funoo ! Welcome back  :twisted:

Freig

• Forum wannabe
Reactivated my account
« Reply #7 on: 26 January, 2006, 12:53:01 PM »

Welcome Back :)
Cabalonline - Mars:
Freig level 33 Regular Wizard.

DAoC - Excalibur:
Freig Level 50 Healer - LGM Armourer - RR 5L1 - ML10 Perfektor.
Aske - LGM Tailor
Trym - Low level SC and BD

Funoo

Reactivated my account
« Reply #8 on: 26 January, 2006, 06:45:06 PM »

Quote from: "Vaar"
Heh Hi again Fun:)

Wondered wher you went... (which sever btw?)

Anyway. Cata was a very good expansion it the aspect that it didn't change a thing really in daoc except that it eased lvling a TON, and introduced some new classes which have whine fanclubs.

Warlocks mid caster. 2 or 3 HEAVY insta cast class with extreeme frontload for 1v1, not that OP in grouped. Helps mids in siege.

Banshees Hib caster with cone effect dmg spell you quickly will learn to "love". High output but possible to kill as most casters

Heretic. Alb seer/caster/tank Somewhat bugged class with focus spell (more and more dmg over time) as it's croix

Valkyries Mid female tankclass. Variation of Thane with fair melee, and much aoe interupt, and special spear/sword and shield style (looked on as gimp class).

Vampir Hib tank class. Can't be buffed and reliant on building up power poll ala wow warriors rage... OP as HELL in 1v1, and fair lighttank ini some hibgroups.

So in short.. Nothing really changes. Still good ol Daoc

I first started out on the PvP server Warsong, then later transfered to Twillight's Hammer because Warsong was loaded with russians who didnt knew english. On Twillight's Hammer we ended up with a 4:1 alliance:horde ratio, which resulted in up to 2 hours queue's to enter a BG.
Because of that, I transfered from Twillight's Hammer to Neptulon which is a pretty nice server with a ~1:1 ratio, though it's been quite laggy lately.

Thanks for update regarding Catacombs, looks like my Spiritmaster is still ready to do some RvR. :D
I think I read somewhere about a new area to do grp PvP and solo PvP, is this true? if so, that'd be awsome :)
Now I just have to find out how to leave the new frontiers. The teleporters inside the keep in North uplands (can't remember it's name :P) are gone and I dont feel like taking the run  :shock:

Vaar

Reactivated my account
« Reply #9 on: 26 January, 2006, 09:33:23 PM »

Have my base on Zenedar-Horde. Priest as main.

Porting... Walk to the big door:) No need to port from pad TO RvR. You do need to use the Pad when going from Svas to wherever though...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you quickly will find out, the new area is an Island S of Bled. Port bled, buff up, run over a bridge and you get to the mid milegate. Same with the alb and Hib side.

Sounds like OF?

Think that was mythics intension but it hasn't worked out 100% tbh.

MY take on that is that while opted FG can have great runs there, and the enviroment at times is roumored even to be low on adding, it lacks all the casuals which can feed the High RR'ers their daily Rp's

-> ergo, the opted groups run Agrammon a bit, get some fights possibly, then ports around in the border to get RP-rich on the outskirts of the zerg/keep fights..

Over time this have lead to a very quiet RvR island, which only SOME nights offer enough ppl for good runs.

This is an opinion, NOT a fact.

What IS a fact.. Visible Solo RvR as such is dead in daoc. What IS possible, (and on a SM better than most) is to run wo group, but if you stay in the crowded areas (Brynja Bridge in Mid, Bold bridge in Alb, Agrammon bridges at times and some more spots ofc).

Otherwise you are getting NO action what so ever. PERHAPS getting steamrolled every now and then by a FG.

I took my great thane for a spin couple of weeks back, I ran around exploring Alb like 1 hour 42 minutes wo seeing an alb primetime. Did some quest even which had a mob to kill in the Pennies:) Ended my run with a lagpull of a Purple Patrol:)

Kivik

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
Reactivated my account
« Reply #10 on: 26 January, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »

heh I was the first one to see you coming back, I saw you when you still were loading at Svasud Faste :)

welcome back, we've missed you  :D

feiten

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
Reactivated my account
« Reply #11 on: 28 January, 2006, 12:08:05 AM »

wlcome back fun:) another one falen back to the mad house of TDA:)

Raylia

• Grand old man
  • TDA member
  • Forum Guru
Reactivated my account
« Reply #12 on: 28 January, 2006, 08:57:25 AM »

Welcome back Funoo
- Ray

Play GW2 a bit then im not bussy working for the Queen and Country

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
Reactivated my account
« Reply #13 on: 28 January, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »

I first started out on the PvP server Warsong, then later transfered to Twillight's Hammer because Warsong was loaded with russians who didnt knew english.

we ve been there with jazzy for a few month .. it s very funny ... specially when u dont speak russian:) but unlike you we were on the dark side of the force :p

anyway , it s nice to have you back here mate !!
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

Woogy

• Forum willbe
Reactivated my account
« Reply #14 on: 28 January, 2006, 01:35:54 PM »

funooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....oooooooooooooooooooo

nice to have you back mate be seeing you in game later :P
Back

Woogy (you know what he is)
Moooooocow (33 mauler)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal