The Dark Alliance

• 18 April, 2024, 08:02:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAoC EU are in it's final weeks  (Read 9264 times)

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
DAoC EU are in it's final weeks
« on: 22 January, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »

UPDATED January 28th
We'd like to announce the decision that has just been made to postpone the transfer of the European servers until Febuary 17. More information on the transfer, and the replies to your questions will appear next week.

The original date was 31. of January before everything is moved to Mythic, however GOA announced today that the date has been moved to February 17th.

From what I've seen around the boards EU characters will not be transferred to Ywain, at least not right away. There might be a super European cluster, but that is pure speculation by me.

new info:
Servers will be hosted in Germany, so they stay in EU. That is good for latency, but does it affect the option of moving toons to Ywain somewhere down the line?

even more info (added 08.02.2010)
Quote from: The Camelot Reporter (GOA)
The server transfer is nigh, but the information you are waiting for can only be divulged by Mythic next week. There is one extra bit of info on the GOA servers we can give you this week, otherwise this Reporter will be essentially devoted to recollecting animations and quests exclusive to European players over the last eight years.

Saving data before the transfer

We plan to save the data that will be transmitted to Mythic on Monday 15 February in the morning. The servers will be shut down so as to carry out the operations in the best conditions. Access to the game should be then restored, but all character and guild progressions, RvR changes and other game changes ulterior to this safeguard will not be saved. Mythic will launch its servers on 17 February using the saved data from the 15th. Further information will be provided next Friday, or in the course of the week, if events dictate.
« Last Edit: 08 February, 2010, 01:56:57 PM by Fenderon »
Proud member of TDA

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
Re: DAoC EU are in it's final weeks
« Reply #1 on: 23 January, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

From The Camlot Herald
Posted By: Andy Belford

Greetings!

We are pleased to announce that Mythic will be officially assuming all publishing and operation of Dark Age of Camelot from GOA effective February 17th, 2010. Be sure to check back for Frequently Asked Questions regarding the details of the transfer of service in the coming weeks.

I'll keep an eye out and post any other updates I spot either on the herald or GOAs pages. Feel free to post news if you see it before I do :)
« Last Edit: 24 January, 2010, 04:00:51 AM by Fenderon »
Proud member of TDA

Zoolis

• TDA member
  • Forum willbe
  • Forum idler
« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2010, 12:49:20 AM »

Taken from VNBoards:

Hello again,

For the near term, your EU account(s) will be on their own server. We will then allow character transfers from the Ywain server to the EU servers. We do not currently have the functionality to allow character transfers between accounts (e.g. moving the characters from a US account to an EU account). I cannot say for certain whether or not we'll be able to support that in the future, but we will definitely look in to it, at the very least.

Best,

Lori Hyrup
Dark Age of Camelot
Mythic Entertainment

Mambopoa

• The Drunk British Guy
  • Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #3 on: 24 January, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »

There is still the problem, if we transfered from USA back to EU and the server tanks again, we can not go back to the USA.

So I doubt people will transfer back to the EU.
My name is Wod, but most people just call me Wod.

Mid:
Clanger, Wodster, Gwig, Playernotfound, Fokke, Horth, Eter.

Former Hib for my past sins!
Awod,Dowa,Bearian,Mambopoa,Hijambo

Introducing binge drinking to the world!

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2010, 06:58:15 AM »

original post updated
Proud member of TDA

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #5 on: 08 February, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »

more info added.. when chars are saved for the move to Mythic etc..
Proud member of TDA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal