The Dark Alliance

• 26 April, 2024, 06:06:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm gonna cry  (Read 10053 times)

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
I'm gonna cry
« on: 19 August, 2005, 01:54:56 PM »

Quote from: "silly mythic"

- Female characters can no longer remove shadeform from Shades of Mist without also removing the proc.
Proud member of TDA

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
I'm gonna cry
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2005, 03:32:45 PM »

From briefly read patch 1.78 notes, I think it wont just effect female characters. I'm presuming they have hot-fixed this as male character couldnt remove the shade mode without removing the proc, where as female characters could.

Anyway, silly mythic for messing about with SoM. Makes playing a SZ somewhat tougher as all LA animations will look alike. Dunno how the hell I'll land frostygaze when this goes live :(

On a positive note, Legendary Axes will be 4.0 speed and some artifat charges will be usuable in combat (battler being the most relevant for me).
DAOC Finished

Fenderon

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
I'm gonna cry
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2005, 03:49:24 PM »

was fine with me as long as it was only male characters ... :p

I think it's a bit silly, but I guess it's so one can see who has som proc active :\

and offtopic.. Loltroll was just killed by huldu outcast!
Proud member of TDA

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
I'm gonna cry
« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2005, 03:52:02 PM »

If they give your opponent the knowledge that I have som proc. Then at least let me have knowledge of which styles I get off and which I dont. As in show my style moves with their nice colors and such! :(

Trallisx

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
I'm gonna cry
« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2005, 04:14:58 PM »

Quote from: "Aerendur"
If they give your opponent the knowledge that I have som proc. Then at least let me have knowledge of which styles I get off and which I dont. As in show my style moves with their nice colors and such! :(

Spot on.

It's sometimes hard to spot if I have got comeback off when procs, dots and other animations are happing at the same time. At least the nice yellow swoosh lets me know that CB has hit. As it stands now, in Pulp Fiction Gimp mode style animations dont have the coloured swooshes.

On another aspect of som is the fact that mythic recently let us dye our soms so that we all didnt look the same, ie give us a little bit of individuality. If they make us all look the same when using the charge, oesn't that kinda put us back to square 1? I'm just looking at it from a roleplay pov as essentially it is a rpg :)

I just hope this changes and soon :)
DAOC Finished
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal