The Dark Alliance

• 28 April, 2024, 12:00:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How fun is rift?  (Read 5475 times)

feiten

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
How fun is rift?
« on: 25 March, 2011, 12:01:36 AM »

Now that i have a new comp inc. im wondering if it is worth joining u lot in rift.

pvp any decent? or is it just overpowerd retardedness x100 out there?

also is the pve fun? or is it just a looooooonnnnngggg grind to max lvl?

soloing any decent while lvling or is it best to find a lvling partner to grind with?

(u all will prob run away now that my imbaness is coming to town hehe)

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
Re: How fun is rift?
« Reply #1 on: 25 March, 2011, 12:39:42 AM »

PvP is sadly mostly instanced atm, but it can be fun .. some game changes coming soon which should make all better and a lot more balanced.

PvE the grind can be done in 3 days.. Lomme did. Lvling i general is easy and fast, especially since you just make one main class and then have a lot ways of specing - for instance my cleric is heal at times other times support ranged or melee and at times tanking :)

It is still hard to say much about the game since it is new but there is a chance to make something good here. aka potential
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2011, 11:13:48 AM »

well, pvp can be both fun and frustrating... depend what kind of overpower class you play :) but in a general way i would say it s enjoyable. open world is not yet too commun since lots of players haven t reached max level yet.

concerning pve, i wouldn t define it as a long grind to 50 since most of us dinged 50 within 2 weeks, thos that joined us at official release are now about to ding 50 so for casual TDA player i would say  it s not that long. we haven t rushed it, we farmed every dongeons etc...

finding a leveling partner should be hard sexy Feiten ;) we r still all busy with our main classes but i think soon most of us are going to start leveling something else ;)

end game so far is not too bad, we have had some challanging time in expert dongeons... a bit frustrating yesterday evening tho, since i understood that we were not able to do an encounter because we didtn had the right group set up /set of skills.... but  as tenz said, thei are patching, improving things so i expect the few failures to be corrected soonish ;)

and shame n you to wonder if it s worth joining us .... you know it is !! ;)
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

feiten

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »

ok so i guess i just need to wait for that stupid comp to get here and then i can play some again

Lembit

• Dark Cleaner
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Padawan
« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »

ok so i guess i just need to wait for that stupid comp to get here and then i can play some again

Hurray!!!    :)
“Women are like canoes, full of soup. At first everyone is suspicious but then everyone wants one.”

feiten

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #5 on: 26 March, 2011, 01:20:11 AM »

Hurray!!!    :)

don say hurray just yet. since my work had to orderd it i dunno when its here. might be a week might be 2 months.
might have to start jumping on vt to scare you soon

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #6 on: 26 March, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »

Rift is a lot of fun leveling up. It is fast, different ways to do it and if you have a friend or two about, its just a good laugh. Classes work well together and you dont have to be only heals if you go cleric, you can also do casting or melee dmg and even tank. Same for the other classes. So you cannot really go wrong picking a class.

Pvp can be fun, but as my main cleric, healing randoms is very annoying (as it usually is). But if I get annoyed, I swap to a dmg role and just have fun that way.

Lembit

• Dark Cleaner
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Padawan
« Reply #7 on: 26 March, 2011, 09:35:29 PM »

Yup, Pvp as a cleric can be really annoying. Healing randoms and getting partly blamed if things go wrong.

And ofcourse you do get less favour for healing than if ur going dps   :-\

But you do have some fun times aswell, even with randoms   :)
“Women are like canoes, full of soup. At first everyone is suspicious but then everyone wants one.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal