The Dark Alliance

• 29 March, 2024, 12:40:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NDA lift and weekend test  (Read 14472 times)

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
Re: NDA lift and weekend test
« Reply #15 on: 28 November, 2011, 12:10:01 PM »

You can select group members through F1-F5, but with random groups and changing names and setup that is cumbersome. Clicking on the group member that is taking damage through a window that shows who's under 100% and how much under/over is truly the only way to have enough impact.

Up to lvl 18 I have no group heal. I don't recall seeing any new group heal in the skills list further on either.

The biggest problem with healing as it is now is that I cannot see who are taking damage. So my heals are based on who I see spellcasts from enemies on. And I have to click these people by mouse, since I don't know which name corresponds with the character I see taking damage.

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #16 on: 28 November, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »

my two pence worth:

played both the sith warrior (marauder until 14) and jedi knight (until 9) this weekend and my reviews are mixed. I like the quests and the flashpoints, and to a certain extent some of the pvp, such was my experience. that being said, I was largely unimpressed by the graphics, the lacklusture settings, the general inactivity of NPCs and mobs - the just stand still doing nothing - and the kinda' dead feel of the environments. Gameplay was mixed, to be fair. the animations are poor, except in combat where they got better. Finally, the UI was circa some time in the last decade; very little customisation.

My experience of playing either side was also a mixed bag. I had a lot of laughs playing the Sith, but found the republic to be as boring and bland as one might expect. IN short, if i was going to play any side it would be Sith, which was quite the surprise to me as my friends are going republic. needless to say, I shall be swerving that like a rally car avoiding the police on a motorway.

Will I be playing it? more than likely. It has a lot of potential, and we don't know what build of beta we were playing. I know some GFX options weren't enabled in-game (AA springs to mind) and I believe it has a lot of potential. Oh, and as mentioned, I really liked the flash points. Really good fun. If there's a group of TDA boys playing on any server, and are going Sith, please post server details if you would be so kind. It aint perfect, but it's not bad either. certainly something different in some respects and the things i missed, well, they're just polish imo. the core gameplay is there.

Gont: Sith Marauder, and a very bad red man to his twi'lekk companion. as it should be.
YNWA - You'll Never Walk Alone. Justice for the 96!

<(Aluvio)>

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #17 on: 29 November, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »

I agree with you on most points. The game can use a few tweaks here and there but is mostly quite good. I only played the dark side, since I'm joining a few friends from other games there.

The biggest issue I have with the game is the UI, just like you. Like I explained before.

However, the biggest part of 'will a game work or not' imo is the combatplay. And that seems rather well done. So it does have potential and I will be playing it for sure. For how long depends on the game and when GW2 comes around! ;)

The CC wars last night where funny. It will become very annoying since you need a lot of CC done to you to become immune. I teamed up with another sorc (him dps, me healing). And if we time our CC well, we can perma stun and kill a target before it reaches either of us.
« Last Edit: 29 November, 2011, 09:33:14 AM by Aerendur »

Adoctor

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #18 on: 29 November, 2011, 10:16:20 AM »

any one have a preference on server? I'm easy.

don't think we are gonna have enough people online to make TDA, but it would be nice to have people you know online.

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #19 on: 29 November, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »

I will let you know which server I'll be playing on. We have a guild that is tied with/against a few other pvp guilds. So we know the competition is gonna be fun.  :D

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #20 on: 29 November, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

Cheers bud. Will be nice to run about with a few like-minded pvpers :P

<(Aluvio)>

Kittybear

• TDA member
  • Forum wannabe
« Reply #21 on: 05 December, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »

is there no 1,2,3,4,5, to select group members ? isnt  there any group healing skills ? to make it easyer ?

the sith inquisitor sorcerer line will have group heals at higer level, not sure on what level.
ESO: Ragnar The Red (NB)vet, PMS (Sorce),
Hannibal Nectar (NB), Salami Ishallanoy (Sorce)vet,
Kitty Bearslayer (DK)vet,Specter Shepard (DK)vet,
Wreck It Ralphina (Temp),Nick Burkhardt (Temp)vet.

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #22 on: 06 December, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »

is there no 1,2,3,4,5, to select group members ? isnt  there any group healing skills ? to make it easyer ?

the sith inquisitor sorcerer line will have group heals at higer level, not sure on what level.

There is F1-F5 for group members. So far there haven't been more options than those. And the UI is very lacking. But they are working on it, they say. :P

About the sorc, it gets an aoe heal at lvl 31 into the spectree. I will not go that deep so I can have good single target heals and decent dmg.

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #23 on: 12 December, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »

We (the guild I'll be playing swtor with, Best Friends) have been assigned to a server on SWTOR.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

I'll be on there, Sith Sorcerer!

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #24 on: 14 December, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »

is it a pvp server? please tell me it's not pve...

<(Aluvio)>

Adoctor

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #25 on: 14 December, 2011, 05:32:34 PM »

I got my early access email...will be playing it tonight.

Gont, its a PvP server.

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #26 on: 14 December, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

turns out we are on the busiest server. getting error 1002 and queues of 35 mins.  :'(

had created a sit warrior earlier (Gont), went for dinner and now can't back in. doh!

<(Aluvio)>

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #27 on: 14 December, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »

also, Doc, what's your toon name btw?

<(Aluvio)>

Adoctor

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #28 on: 15 December, 2011, 02:43:54 AM »

Karakal, sith juggernaut

Gont

• TDA member
  • Forum hasbeen
« Reply #29 on: 15 December, 2011, 02:54:54 AM »

odd one - trying to add you as a friend (Karakal) ad you don't seem to exist. am on tomb of freedon nadd....weird!

<(Aluvio)>
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 23 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal