The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 07:11:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new patch  (Read 4516 times)

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
new patch
« on: 02 February, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »

should deal with random lag .. should :P
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
Re: new patch
« Reply #1 on: 02 February, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »

Let's hope so. I wonder which class they will smack with the nerfbat this time. ;)

Adoctor

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
« Reply #2 on: 02 February, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »

well one of the main abilities for snipers/scoundrels has been nerfed.

Diversion (which reduces a mobs accuracy) no longer works on operation bosses.

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #3 on: 02 February, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »

Just do what I do, play a non-OP class from the get go and then look at all the whiners, whine when their favourite OP - I can't really play cause I only get a kill cause my class is OP - class.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Trolololololololololoooooo  :P

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #4 on: 03 February, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »

Just do what I do, play a non-OP class from the get go and then look at all the whiners, whine when their favourite OP - I can't really play cause I only get a kill cause my class is OP - class.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

it hurts to admit it but here i agree with Tenz... better to start with an underdigged class being powered up patch after patch than the other way around... but i have to say that most players just rush to roll the OP class and then will be frustrated and  quit after being nerfed too much

balance is one of the main issues in MMo's and i understand that it s not always easy to make the difference between OP competences and a skilled player that can use his comps in an OP way ...

until devs find a longlasting solution to this existancial issue, i ll grab my pop corn and keep watching the whin show on forums :)
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #5 on: 03 February, 2012, 10:36:13 AM »

it hurts to admit it but here i agree with Tenz... better to start with an underdigged class being powered up patch after patch than the other way around... but i have to say that most players just rush to roll the OP class and then will be frustrated and  quit after being nerfed too much

balance is one of the main issues in MMo's and i understand that it s not always easy to make the difference between OP competences and a skilled player that can use his comps in an OP way ...

until devs find a longlasting solution to this existancial issue, i ll grab my pop corn and keep watching the whin show on forums :)

It hurts .. really is that how it is?! REALLY?! :P

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #6 on: 03 February, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »

Guess my knack for the stealth classes will always doom me into a class that will be smacked up and down a lot!

But as said ingame. It might be nerfed to the bone. It somehow still is fun to play! Actually makes it an achievement I suppose!

Also, balancing in a game with so many variables will never be easy. Which is why I don't understand how they can balance a complete class around a very situational pvp setting, namely an uninterrupted 1vs1. I guess it's time to make our own game so we can implement everything we would like to see!  ;D

Hanza

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • Dotrella, JP, we miss you
« Reply #7 on: 03 February, 2012, 02:26:45 PM »

. I guess it's time to make our own game so we can implement everything we would like to see!  ;D

hehe you mean a 3 parties games with role concepts in a group with several set up possible but some key elements/concepts to run the machine properly ?...; well i guess we would all agree on that but it woud probably gives a DAoC 2 :P

hehe in that regard DAoC was also very good since class could hardly be compared due to a different distribution of  competences between different archetype between the three realms (exept for the healer class) and it s much easyer to balance a group or a set up than to balance a class since as youmentionned it s very contextual. a well rounded group with all needed aspect well fulfilled by it s members will be able to compete in most environements :)
DAoC: Hanza shamy 50 RR7 - Retired
WAR: Hanza 40 Zealot RR 40ish - Retired
RIFT: Galaad Warrior - Hanza Cleric - Retired
TSW Hanza : Illuminaty - Elenya : Dragon
GW2: Ahlia Plast : Ely  Hanza plast: Ingeneer

------ proud member of TDA ---------

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #8 on: 03 February, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

It would most likely have a lot of the concepts of daoc!

1. Three realms for easier balancing.
2. Bigger groups for role purposes.
3. Open world pvp with a meaning.
3a. No pvp gear stat to unbalance things.
3b. Points to capture and hold.
3c. A reward for pvp kills and for capturing/guarding points.

Could go on for a long list. Main thing would be working out the correct formula for each of the different stats and the impact they have. That is probably the biggest challenge. And one they failed at the most in SW-TOR. Shields only work on 'melee' styles, where most hits come from either force or tech bases skills (and thus they aren't blocked or migated..).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal