The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 02:15:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love to hate the Operative!  (Read 2985 times)

Aerendur

• Sneaky Bastard
  • TDA member
  • Forum Master
Love to hate the Operative!
« on: 09 February, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »

As these things go, after all the complaining and bitching about the nerfs to the Operative. I've really started to like the class now. Especially when I get a friendly blue circle around me, I can do A LOT.

Sure, at my level you cannot be the stunlock killing machine of rape. But with my healing spec I can keep a lot of people rolling or one person under pressure up for a decent amount of time.

At the same time I can keep a whole group of people from capping an objective by dots (my spec will gain another dot, an aoe one, in a few lvls). And if one sneaks past that, I can throw my grenade. The darts are so small that a lot of enemies fail to spot me in the first round or two of applying dots. Once they do, I vanish and can start repeating the cycle when the dots wear off.

I'm hoping that the lvl 40 set will increase my numbers by a fair margin. Best games so far will get me 200-250k healed and 60-120k dmg dealt. Usually grabbing at least 6 medals (killing blow, 2.5k heal, 75k healed, 10 kills, 25 kills and a solo kill). Compare this to roughly 150k dmg and 4 medals in melee spec, since we are that squishy and you can see why I like this spec more atm.

Sure, my sorc can do the same with more ease (less energy management and more get out abilities). But she isn't laughing while doing it. So that makes up for a lot!

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
Re: Love to hate the Operative!
« Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »

heh nice post Puz
With great Metal comes great responsibility
Pages: [1]   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal