The Dark Alliance

• 28 March, 2024, 04:59:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TS3 server has a new IP, read here for more info (only available to TDA members)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 80252 times)

Mambopoa

• The Drunk British Guy
  • Officers
  • Forum Master
Re: Introductions
« Reply #15 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »

OK Wod here. RL Name Adi (Short for Adrian)

In the tradition of TDA on mid/excal and TWH on hib/pryd most know me.
Playing on mid/classic USA in FoM with the rest of the guys.

And have started to mess around on AoC, Gostorn is a Guardian and Verindin is a Priest.

Those that don't know.
Be afraid, be very afraid.

I tend to be the "token" British guy and I think most keep me around for that novelty factor.
I am too old to care, but pleased to say not the real grandfather of the groups.
Even though I am 40 next year (Note to self, put in order for supercar for midlife crisis)
I am from Leicester in the UK, been here most of my life. (Just can not seem to get away)

Also being a true Brit I often drink and have the pleasure of being a true alchy of the groups.
We invented "binge drinking" and still trying to export it to the rest of the world!
As I say, 4 units a day is a target not a limit!

edit:added RL name for those that don't know.
« Last Edit: 09 June, 2008, 02:58:23 PM by Mambopoa »
My name is Wod, but most people just call me Wod.

Mid:
Clanger, Wodster, Gwig, Playernotfound, Fokke, Horth, Eter.

Former Hib for my past sins!
Awod,Dowa,Bearian,Mambopoa,Hijambo

Introducing binge drinking to the world!

Kivik

• TDA member
  • Forum Master
« Reply #16 on: 09 June, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »

Right...

My name is Isaac, I'm 18 years old and live in Gothenburg, Sweden. I played DAoC, started it for the first time when I was like 12 or something. Played some WoW too but never got stuck to it. Currently I'm waiting to play AoC. I just finished high school and I'm most likely moving on to college/university next. Also managed to find a job during summer, in another city. Not sure about internet connection and stuff over there, hopefully will sort something out so I can play with you all.

Exog

• Forum wannabe
« Reply #17 on: 09 June, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »

cut n paste from mbf forums:

My name is Anders and i live in Trondheim where im a middle manager in a big firm.

Bought stocks in Funcom for 30.50 pr share last year, then they plummeted to 18 yay... Anyways, at ~48 now so its all good. Having read all conan magazines that have been printed (my father collects them), im of course gonna play AoC.

So after talking to Urme i thought id hit it here and see what happens.

Played Wow since release, ended up in undecided with Urme. Then he casualled out and i joined Nix where i got both legendary warglaives on my troll rogue. Nix disbanded and i sold the motherfucker:)

Apart from that im an avid forum whore and i like telling personal stuff and post my silly pictues. Sit at work all day and watch my gimps work and surf:)

Jiriki

• Forum newbie
« Reply #18 on: 09 June, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »

hello, my rl name is Peter i'm 35 years old and lives in the most beautiful part of Sweden, Skellefteå.

Did play a shadowblade in FoM, most likley the only character in the world that never had a buffbot. Buffbots was one of the reasons i stopped playing that game and started with Star Wars Galaxies. Did get myself a jedi and started the slow grind, but then the development team decided to totaly destroy the game.
After that i went to wow, was playing a druid in Undecided and the last year in NiX.

In AoC I'm playing a bear shaman named Jiriki, been using that name since i was playing Daoc.
In rl I study to become a computer engineer, atm i'm poor and have a shitty computer so i'm playing very little.

Shanison

• TDA member
  • Forum Padawan
« Reply #19 on: 09 June, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »

My turn....

Real name is Shaun, but as all my chars tend to have Shan or Shani in them, it seems I have the nickname Shani now :)

And yes, I'm one of the old farts. 45 but still going strong, but I don't think I am the oldest ;) Married with 2 kids. 22 yo daughter who is a teacher ( BACK OFF you lot!!! ) and a 19 yo son who is at catering college.

During the day I am a Technical Consultant, working on the design and support of Cisco networks for a range of customers.

Live in Kent, in the UK, and still in the same town as I was born in!

Been playing PC games since the year dot, back in the days of tele-type and Basic. First MMO was SWG, which I got into after being recommended by a work colleague. When that got nerfed, we then went to DnL (BIG mistake) and then 3 years ago I found DAoC. Have also dabbled with TR and EVE, but kept coming back to DAoC. :) Have not found anything to beat DAoC yet, although AoC is looking good so far.

Will usually find me playing a melee char, but also like a bit of stealth. Look out for

Shanison (Guardian), Shanicon (Conqueror), Shanitem (DT) and Shanass (Assassin)

Those are the ones I am enjoying at the moment, but do have some others I'm still dabbling with
AoC
Guild: Berades (Hyrkania)
Now RPing :)

DAoC-US (Ywain) Retd

Mambopoa

• The Drunk British Guy
  • Officers
  • Forum Master
« Reply #20 on: 09 June, 2008, 08:51:52 PM »

Shanni! help with Cisco ASA5550 ;)

(j/k getting on OK with them, they nice improvement over the old PIX)
My name is Wod, but most people just call me Wod.

Mid:
Clanger, Wodster, Gwig, Playernotfound, Fokke, Horth, Eter.

Former Hib for my past sins!
Awod,Dowa,Bearian,Mambopoa,Hijambo

Introducing binge drinking to the world!

Shanison

• TDA member
  • Forum Padawan
« Reply #21 on: 09 June, 2008, 10:27:08 PM »

Ah, security, something I don't get involved with. I'll just stick to my routing and switching :)
AoC
Guild: Berades (Hyrkania)
Now RPing :)

DAoC-US (Ywain) Retd

gersimi

• TDA member
  • Forum willbe
    • Utforska.nu
« Reply #22 on: 10 June, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »

Hello!
My name is Anki, im 41 years young and live in Hultsfred, Sweden. I live with my husband Dennis and 2 children, Saga and Liv + 2 cats. ATM I cant play as much as I used to do my daughters take up much of the time... :)

My MMorpg history begins with Diablo 2 then started to play DAoC 2002 (?) on Excalibur/mid and Prydwen/alb. Had alot of chars on 5 !!! accounts with my husband. Member of FoM, one of the founders of Gersimis Söner, AB Mord & Co and In Sect. Played DAoC/US with FoM. Also played Everquest 2 and I have a lifetime account in LotRO.

I play a Bear Shaman " Gersimi" thats really fun to play. :) I solo alot atm but I hope I can join guildgroups and play more with the guild in the future :)
Dennis my husband play a char named Livmor (necromancer) on my account.

TenzorDK

• Officers
  • Forum Master
    • My own page, with papers and stuff.
« Reply #23 on: 11 June, 2008, 12:59:09 PM »

I am from Denmark. 28. and RL friend of Noin

Old gamer, started in 1998 with EQ1 and then DAOC for 2years. I have tryed, I would like to say, half of whats out there. now trying out AOC.. but kinda wating for WAR to be honest.

Usualy i play backup classes, but always pretend to play them for the ,"greater good" of the, guild. :P
If you wana know more i am on vent hehe or tell Noin to contact me.

Tenzor... OUT
With great Metal comes great responsibility

Maar

• TDA member
  • Forum willbe
    • http://www.aland.ax
« Reply #24 on: 11 June, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »

My name is Micael and im old, not that old but just below the best age in a mans life (according to some people). I currently live in Finland on a small island named The Aaland Islands (Åland) but are born in Sweden.

I have played daoc some years (from the release of SI) and had various chars devided amongs a few servers both in EU and US.  I have played a few other MMORPGs namely WoW, EQ2, Tabula Rasa and a few others not worth mention. My goal is to stick with AoC until release of War and then decide what game to play full time, if any of them :).

I recently joined TDA, I say recently cause my daoc time in TDA was quite short before I deleted my chars and moved on. But now im dressed in TDA colors again in AoC and are having a good time. Remember that the one to blame for me being here in TDA are Hanza who were the one talking me into this :).
DAoC: <inactive>
GW2: Maar Ashera, Maara Ashera

"Be Realistic.  Demand the impossible.  Stretch out, dare to dream, go against the flow, and your dreams just might come true."

bodhie

• Forum newbie
« Reply #25 on: 14 June, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »

Hi , I am 36 years old.
I played daoc for 4 years on excal alb (cleric , paladin, theurghist) in First Cohort guild.
Together with my 36 year old wife (who is now also in TDA). She played friar and sorc.
Also played 1 year classic in US as Mid Skald.
3 and a bit years of wow (1 year US and 2 years EU)
And now AOC :)

Thanks for the invite.

Bantag

• Forum newbie
« Reply #26 on: 16 June, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »

heheh irl name Kim aka Kimbo on irc/Vent old fecker, do live on ze tiny island called åland, played  jumpgate as first mmo then ao ,eve (didnt come out when daoc started:) and pirates of the burning sea prolly forgott many I played but the mmo I liked most was daoc. . Started in open beta and got hooked:(.  Chars on mid was Bantag +  Shef  +alot of alts, guilds was Nazgul.Cutting Edge, Defiance + my home guild Lord Fouls Ravers, on alb I did play iguk and the loveable scout named igg+ alot of toons all in Terror-Inc. Here on aoc I play Sulla (pom),Terrorinc(necro) , Gaffel (ToS) and igli teh  ranja. I could type more but yee all would get even more bored:) so this will do I hope.
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2008, 01:07:36 PM by Bantag »
No crying in the red zone

TserMatt

• TDA member
  • Forum newbie
« Reply #27 on: 16 June, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »

Hi, RL is Daniel, I'm from Åland Islands in Finland. Started out with Jumpgate as the first mmo, and after that I fell into DAoC. Had a ugly kobold shaman named Zlyna. Since DAoC I have moved around to find the next big thing.

In RL I'm studying to be a Computer Engineer and is currently working as a Webdesigner on my summer break. I'm only 22 years old, so I feel a bit young in this horde of MEN. Hope to have a good time destroying my life together with you peeps.

Happy Hunting!  :)
[Aion]
Tsermatt - Assassin 20

Worak

• Forum newbie
« Reply #28 on: 19 June, 2008, 11:47:49 PM »

Hi
Irl name is Per, from northern Sweden. Played DAoC from release, got invited into FoM when i was about lvl 8 and killing ants and hillcats outside Mularn (by Leel if I remember right ^^)

Stopped playing around when ToA came out, didn't like it. Since then I've played EQ2, SWG and tried Lotro, Vanguard and some others but not really gotten into any of them. Atm I'm hoping AoC will be the next big one for me and I'm looking forward to finding out playing with you guys and gals in TDA.

Aion:
Worak, Gladiator
Seline, Chanter

WAR: 
Worak,  Marauder
Zagnok, Squigherder
Zagnak, Blackorc

AoC:  
Worak, Worack, Zerani, Zerana

DAoC:
Haeldan, Haeldar, Haeldir, Haeldur and a lot more that I can't remember ;p

Berg

• Forum newbie
« Reply #29 on: 24 June, 2008, 02:32:19 AM »

The name is Magnus Åberg 34 years old from Sweden and i live in Farsta outside Stockholm.
I'm one of the guys that was in management by fear but i never got the chance to play in the guild cause of some computer problem. But now i have a new one that can handle age of conan.
Wow was my first MMORPG and i played mostly on the server stormreaver but i have some chars on other servers too. I was raiding alot before burning crusade and had everything on farm besides Naxxramas and a few bosses in AQ40.
I decided to stop raiding in burning crusade and play the game more casual.
Some of the guilds i was a part of were Veni Vedi Potavi,Untamed,Shattered Dreams,Naked.
If anyone played on stormreaver you might have seen my Tauren warrior Bergtaur still dancing on the bankroof from time to time dressed up in full wrath swinging Quel'Serrar :)

You can always recognize my chars cause they all starts with Berg. And my chars in age of conan now is Bergatrix and Bergazrael.

I work at Tele2 with customer support.

When i'm not working i enjoy drinking beer,playing console games or pc games or just relaxing in front of the tv.
And i try to exercise 2-3 times a week, but damn it's boring.

I'm not in the guild yet but i'll try to find someone that can invite me tomorrow.
Good night all and cya in the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

BlackRain , 2006 by Crip

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal